Vikas Khanna All Wiki Biography:
Vikas Khanna is a very famous cook star and also a master chef and filmmaker. He was born in Amritsar, Punjab, India on 17 November 1971.
He started his cooking career when he was just 17 years old. His grandmother is also a very good cook and he was very inspired by his grandmother. He is also a cooking writer.
|Vikas Khanna -||All Wiki Biography|
|Real Name||Vikas Khanna|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||180 cm (in centimeters)|
1.80 m (in meters)
5’ 11” (in feet inches)
|Weight||82 kg (in kilograms)|
181 lbs (in Pounds)
|Body Measurements||Chest: 40 Inches|
Waist: 32 Inches
Biceps: 12 Inches
|Date of Birth||14 November 1971|
|Age (as in 2019)||48 Years|
|Birth Place||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|College||Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Manipur, India|
Cornell University, New York, USA
New York University, New York, USA
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Hospitality Management|
|Family||Father: Late Davinder Khanna|
Mother: Bindu Khanna
Brother: Nishant Khanna (elder)
Sister: Radhika Khanna (younger)
|Hobbies||Doing yoga, listening to music|
|Favourite Chef||Gordon Ramsay|
|Favourite Food||Aaloo Methi, Creamy Chicken Tikka Masala|
|Favourite Restaurants||elBulli (Spain), Sasuma (Gujarat)|
|Favourite Movies||Hollywood: The Shawshank Redemption, Before Midnight|
Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge
|Controversies||In September 2015, Chef Vikas Khanna inadvertently became a part of a controversy when he asked PM Narendra Modi to autograph the National Flag, to which the PM obliged gladly. Writing anything on the National Flag is considered as a violation of the Indian Flag code. Following the controversy, an official statement released by the government banished all such claims by saying that the cloth which PM had signed was a piece of art crafted by Khanna's physically challenged adopted daughter and was not the National Flag.|
|Does Vikas Khanna smoke?||Not Known|
|Does Vikas Khanna drink alcohol?||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vikas Khanna:
- Vikas was born with Club Foot, a condition in which the leg bones are not aligned properly at the joint and can look as if they have been turned sideways. Because of this condition, he could not walk until the age of 13.
- Due to the above condition, Vikas couldn’t move around and thus had to spend most of his time in the kitchen, where his grandmother would be cooking meals for the family. Seeing her Grandmother cooking food, Vikas developed an interest in the same.
- Inspired by his brother, Vikas first decided to take up Engineering, but later dropped the idea owing to his poor mathematical skills.
- At the age of 17, Vikas established a small Banquet hall named Lawrence Gardens, where he served both as an organizer and a caterer for small kitty parties and family functions.
- After spending a few years as a chef in India, Vikas immigrated to the USA to pursue further courses in Hospitality. For this purpose, he attended the Cornell University & the New York University.
- In 2006, Vikas featured in Gordon Ramsay’s famous American Television series named<em> Kitchen Nightmares.
- On 2nd December 2009, he started a restaurant by the name of Junoon in the Flatiron District of Manhattan.
- Junoon has been awarded a Michelin star by the Michelin Guide for 5 consecutive years since 2010. Michelin Guide is the oldest European hotel and restaurant reference guide, which awards Michelin stars for excellence to a select few establishments; the acquisition or loss of a star can have dramatic effects on the success of a restaurant.
- In May 2012, Vikas cooked for a fundraiser hosted for President Obama at the Rubin Museum of Artin, New York.
- Vikas once turned down a role offered by Bollywood Film-maker Karan Johar, stating that the culinary field will always be his priority.
- He has featured in the Sexiest Man Alive list of the People’s Magazine. Also, the New York Eater blog voted him as New York’s hottest chef in 2011.
- He is also the founder of Cooking for Life and SAKIV Organizations, which host gastronomic events around the world in support of different relief efforts and awareness issues.
- Vikas has authored a number of books like The Spice Story of India, Modern India Cooking, Flavors First, Utsav, etc.
Vikas Khanna Social Media Platforms
|100K Follower||Visit Now|
|2.2 Milion Follower||Visit Now|
|704K Follower||Visit Now|