Megastar Chiranjeevi Biography:
Megastar Chiranjeevi is a popular Indian film actor and Politician. He is called as the “Annaya” and “Boss” of Telugu cinema. His real name is Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad.
In 1978, Chiranjeevi started his career in the Film Industry. During his first movie Punadhirallu, his family thought few screen names like KSSV Prasad, Vara Prasad, Siva Shankar, Shankar Babu. Before going on the sets of “Punadhirallu”, he got a dream on the previous night that he was in an “Anjaneya Swamy Temple”, where his friends called ‘Chiranjeevi’. And then chiru told this dream to his mother. His mother Anjana Devi said that “Chiranjeevi” is the other name “Lord Hanuman” expressed interest to go ahead with the name. As his family worships God Anjaneya a lot, he changed his screen name as Chiranjeevi.
Chiru made his acting debut with “Punadhirallu” movie, though it didn’t release as his first film. Interestingly, his second film “Pranam Khareedu” has released as his first movie on 22 September 1978.
|Real Name||Siva Sankara Vara Prasad Konidela|
|Profession||Actor, Politician, Television Host|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||175 cm (in centimeters)|
1.75 m (in meters)
5'9" f (in feet Inches)
|Weight||80 kg (in kilograms)|
176 Ibs (in pounds)
|Body Measurements||Chest: 42 Inches|
Waist: 34 Inches
Biceps: 13 Inches
|Date of Birth||22 August 1955|
|Age (as in 2020)||65 Years|
|Birth Place||Mogalthur, West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|School||C. S. R. Sarma College, Ongole, Andhra Pradesh (Intermediate)|
|College||Sri Y N College, Narsapur, Andhra Pradesh|
|Education Qualifications||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)|
|Debut||Film: Pranam Khareedu (Telugu, 1978),|
47 Natkal (Tamil, 1981),
Pratibandh (Bollywood, 1990),
Sipayi (Kannada, 1996)
TV: Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu Season 4 (2017)
|Family||Father: Venkat Rao Konidela|
Mother: Anjana Devi Konidela
Brothers: Nagendra Babu, Pawan Kalyan
Sisters: Vijaya Durga, Madhavi
|Marriage Date||20 February 1980|
|Favourite Actor||Sean Connery|
|Favourite Actress||Mahanati Savitri|
|Favourite Singer||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam|
|Favourite Comedian||Charlie Chaplin|
|Favourite Producer||D. Ramanaidu|
Some Lesser known facts about Megastar Chiranjeevi
- In the early ’70s, he was an NCC cadet and had participated in the Republic Day Parade in New Delhi, India.
- In 1976, after graduation with the interest of acting, he learned acting from M.G.R. Government Film and Television Training Institute, CIT Campus, Tharamani, Chennai, India.
- In 1978, with the “Mana Voori Pandavulu” movie, he got recognized, which is directed by Bapu.
- In 1979, he had eight major film releases, and then in the following year(1980), he had 14 film releases.
- During this period, he played the anti-hero role in few films like I Love you and Idi Katha Kaadu.
- And then, he played as the lead antagonist in some films like Rani kasula rangamma, Nyayam kavali, Mosagadu, and Ranuva Veeran.
- In 1983, with the blockbuster success of the “Khaidi” movie at the box office and Chiranjeevi attained stardom in Telugu Film Industry.
- In 1987, He was the first actor from South India to be invited to the Oscars ceremony.
Megastar Chiranjeevi and Amitabh Bachchan Interview:
Also Check: Pawan Kalyan all donations list
- In 1998, he started the Chiranjeevi Charitable Trust (CCT), which includes Chiranjeevi Blood and Eye Banks.CCT has also won the “Best Voluntary Blood Bank Award” by the Andhra Pradesh State Government for 5 consecutive years from 2002-07.
- In 2006, Abdul Kalam(the then President of India), inaugurated the Chiranjeevi Charitable Foundation (CCF) at the Jubilee Hills Check Post in Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- In 1999, he also worked in the Hollywood film “The Return of the Thief of Baghdad”, but due to unknown reasons, the film was shelved.
- In 2006, he was honored with the Padma Bhushan for his contribution to Indian cinema.
- In the same year, he was also presented with an honorary doctorate from Andhra University.
- He is one of the co-owners of Kerala Blasters Football Club that competes in the Indian Super League.
- In 2002, he was awarded the Samman award for the highest Income taxpayer for the assessment year 1999-2000 by the minister of state for Finance, Government of India.
Megastar Chiranjeevi social media accounts:
In case, any informantion or content is wrong, feely free to contact us at email@example.com, we will remove it.