Maana Patel Biography:
Maana Patel is an Indian Swimmer and she represents India in Laser Standard and Radical events. He was born on Wednesday, March 18, 2000, in Ahmedabad, India.
In 2007, at the age of 7, Maana started swimming. Her mother Aanal joined Maana for swimming just with the intention of her gaining weight. In the beginning, she was not interested in it but with the passage of time, she developed her interest in it.
In 2010, She joined Gujarat Vidyapeeth Swimming Centre and started practising swimming professionally. From then, she started participating in swimming competitions.
at several state level and national level competitions.
In 2012, She then became the first-ever Indian swimmer to win all three backstroke events with record time and also broke three national backstroke records at the age of 12. She has also won the Overall Best Swimmer awards five times in the national meets.
In 2013, at 40th Junior National Aquatics Championship held in Hyderabad, Maana broke Olympian Shikha Tandon’s National Record of 2:26.41s by clocking 2:23.41s in the 200m Backstroke.
All Wiki Biography:
|Real Name||Maana Patel|
|Profession||Indian Professional Swimmer|
|Coach/Mentor (s)||Kamlesh Nanavati|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 2000 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2021)||21 Years|
|Birth Place||Ahmedabad, India|
|School||Udgam School for Children, Thaltej|
|College||GLS University, Ahmedabad|
|Education Qualifications||Bachelor of Commerce|
Two years later, at the 60th National School Games (2015), she won the gold medal in the 100-metre backstroke. Later that year, Maana was selected for the Olympic Gold Quest. She then travelled to Australia to attended special training sessions organized by the Olympic Gold Quest.
In 2016, She won 6 medals at the South Asian Games held in Guwahati, 3 silver medals in 50 metres, 100 metres & 200-metre backstroke and a bronze in the 50-metre freestyle and 2 golds medals in 4×100 metre freestyle relay and 4×100 metre medley relay events.
In 2019, She won 5 medals (4 gold, 1 silver) in 50 m Backstroke, 100 m Backstroke, 4 x 100 m freestyle relay, 4 x 100 m medley relay, and 200 m Backstroke respectively at the South Asian Games 2019 which was held in Kathmandu and Pokhara, Nepal.
Maana Patel Achievements:
- South Asian Games Guwahati 2016 (50 m Freestyle): Bronze Medal
- South Asian Games Guwahati 2016 (50 m Backstroke): Silver Medal
- South Asian Games Guwahati 2016 (100 m Backstroke): Silver Medal
- South Asian Games Guwahati 2016 (200 m Backstroke): Silver Medal
- South Asian Games Guwahati 2016 (4 x 100 m medley relay): Gold Medal
- South Asian Games Guwahati 2016 (4 x 100 m freestyle relay): Bronze Medal
- South Asian Games Kathmandu 2019 (50 m Backstroke): Gold Medal
- South Asian Games Kathmandu 2019 (100 m Backstroke): Gold Medal
- South Asian Games Kathmandu 2019 (200 m Backstroke): Gold Medal
- South Asian Games Kathmandu 2019 (4 x 100 m freestyle relay): Gold Medal
- South Asian Games Kathmandu 2019 (4 x 100 m medley relay): Gold Medal
Physical Stats & More
|Height (Approx)||167 cm (in Centimeters) |
1.67 m (in meters)
5’ 6” (in feet inches)
|Weight (Approx)||60 kg (in kilograms)|
132 lbs (in pounds)
|Parents||Father: Rajiv Patel|
Mother: Aanal Patel